SETTING THE TONE

Maia Bennet

Photo of Maia Bennet working in a biology lab.

MAIA BENNET

COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES

Biology major

Maia Bennet brings the energy, UNO brings the opportunity.

Bennet, a transfers student from American University majoring in bioinformatics, landed a prestigious Goldwater scholarship for her research into lymphoma and leukemia cells at UNO’s Denton Immunobiology Lab.

Quote by Maia Bennet: "Bennett is very much a go-getter, very driven, focused on achieving her career goals, and has a strong work ethic."

“Bennett is very much a go-getter, very driven, focused on achieving her career goals, and has a strong work ethic,” her mentor, Paul Denton, Ph. D., assistant professor of biology, said. “I’d describe Bennett as a pioneer in this lab.”

Being as passionate about research as Bennet is means there is little time to rest on her laurels, as she is already looking ahead to the next phase in her academic journey thanks to her scholarship.

“The scholarship not only brings prestige to my current work and the Denton Immunobiology Lab as a whole but will support me in applying to various Ph.D. programs over the next year,” Bennett said.

Quote by Maia Bennet: "The scholarship not only brings prestige to my current work and the Denton Immunobiology Lab as a whole but will support me in applying to various Ph.D. programs over the next year."

View all posts

Speak Your Mind

Subscribe and stay up to date