A HANDS-ON EDUCATION

Keshia Greve

Headshot photo of Keshia Greve.

KESHIA GREVE

COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES

Psychology Master's Program

Keshia Greve sought out UNO for its prestigious school psychology master’s program and opportunities for hands-on learning experiences. What she discovered along the way were was a place where she could have a positive impact on the lives of students in the Omaha area.

Greve, a Wisner, Nebraska, native who attended Creighton University for her undergraduate degree, said UNO stood head-and-shoulders above other potential graduate programs because of the chance to engage in service-learning opportunities.

Quote by Keshia Greve: "No matter what program they are in there are just tons of partnerships here in the community that they make sure their students can really gain that experience for when we are thrown out into the real world."

"That was huge for me when making my decision about graduate programs, and I think UNO does that across the board," she said. "They do that for their undergraduate students, they do that for their graduate students; no matter what program they are in there are just tons of partnerships here in the community that they make sure their students can really gain that experience for when we are thrown out into the real world, so we’re not just trying to stay afloat."

The challenges generated by the pandemic, and economic, and social challenges made for a mentally, physically, and emotionally trying year. Additionally, the time requirements that went into hands-on learning with Omaha area teachers and students meant Keshia needed support from her peers and university staff to excel. Through it all, Greve said she always felt the presence of the university community, even in a mostly remote setting.

Quote by Keshia Greve: "Even when we did go into online learning or a little bit of mixed learning this year, I still felt that sense of community and I think that’s really what Maverick Spirit is."

"Even when we did go into online learning or a little bit of mixed learning this year, I still felt that sense of community and I think that’s really what Maverick Spirit is. I don’t know if I would have got that anywhere else. Everyone just kind of embraces you and takes you in and makes sure that even in a global pandemic, we’re all here together, we’ll make do, be flexible and care about each other."

Photo of Keshia Greve on UNO's campus.

View all posts

Speak Your Mind

Subscribe and stay up to date