RESILIENCE DESPITE ADVERSITY

Zach Gilbert

Headshot photo of Zach Gilbert.

ZACH GILBERT

COLLEGE OF COMMUNICATION, FINE ARTS AND MEDIA

Communication Major / Transfer Student

Zach Gilbert didn’t begin his academic career at UNO, but he ended it as a proud Maverick.

The transfer student-turned Gateway news editor graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Communication in May 2021, well equipped to thrive as he worked toward his career goal of working in the entertainment industry as a communicator and a public relations professional.

Although 2020 was defined for many by its lack of connectivity to others, the Maverick Spirit defined Gilbert’s.

Quote by Zach Gilbert: "I’m really thankful that everyone has stepped up to the plate and no one has left any student or staff member behind."

"Right now, more than ever, Maverick Spirit means resilience to me, especially throughout this past year," he said. "Everyone has had to adapt in ways we never thought we would have to. I have received nothing but the utmost help and assistance from all my friends, my professors, I think we’ve all been forced to look at our lives and figure things out and pick up the pieces of what the pandemic has thrown in disarray. I’m really thankful that everyone has stepped up to the plate and no one has left any student or staff member behind. I really feel even closer to the community now than ever before."

Photo of Zach Gilbert on UNO's campus.

View all posts

Speak Your Mind

Subscribe and stay up to date