AFFORDABILITY MADE POSSIBLE

Ademir Torres

Headshot photo of Ademir Torres.

ADEMIR TORRES

Quote by Ademir Torres: "I looked at the actual letter and it said I got the scholarship. I jumped so high and I was crying that day because I could finally go to college."

Ademir was planning to go to a community college because of the cost of four-year institutions.

As a Goodrich scholarship recipient, he was able to go to UNO and become part of a cohort that supports him through his educational journey.

The process to apply for the Goodrich Scholarship is an application that opens in late fall and includes references for recommendations, an interview and essay.

“The interview process was intimidating at first, but I was comfortable in the situation. It was just like having a mutual conversation with two people.”

In addition to academic support, the Goodrich program provides an inclusive environment for students to learn about other cultures.    

Quote by Ademir Torres: “It doesn’t matter if you’re within the LGTB community, Hispanic, black, Asian, the thing that matters to them is that you are willing to dedicate yourself to getting a bachelor’s degree.”

“It doesn’t matter if you’re within the LGTB community, Hispanic, black, Asian, the thing that matters to them is that you are willing to dedicate yourself to getting a bachelor’s degree.”

Photo of Ademir Torres.

View all posts

Speak Your Mind

Subscribe and stay up to date