FLEXIBILITY MADE POSSIBLE

Chad Miller

Chad Miller

CHAD MILLER

BACHELOR OF MULTIDISCIPLINARY STUDIES

May 2022 Graduate

Why did you choose UNO and the BMS program? Were there any specific events that transpired in your life to lead you the BMS program?
As a full-time worker and single parent, while considering schools, UNO stood out to me due to its BMS program. I wanted to attend a major university in my home state and possessed a program that accommodated veterans and our military education, provided remote and online classes, and flexibility for non-traditional learners.

What has been your overall experience in the program?
The staff and educators, specifically within the BMS program, have been extremely helpful, supportive, and positive about my personal success here at UNO and post-graduation. They truly make a person feel welcome and part of the university.
" I enjoyed the ease of access to my advisors and their ability to help guide me into very fitting concentration of study. They have gone above and beyond to answer questions."
Explain the support you have received during your time in the program?
The academic advisors within the BMS program have been exceptional and provided me support during my time at UNO. I enjoyed the ease of access to my advisors and their ability to help guide me into very fitting concentration of study. They have gone above and beyond to answer questions, provide assistance with enrollment and course selection, and even helped me identify potential scholarship opportunities based on my individual circumstances.

Did you receive any financial aid such as grants or scholarships? If yes, please explain.
I have received Federal Pell Grants, Nebraska Opportunity Grants, and University Assistance Grants. I have also received scholarships from UNO Success Academy, Nebraska City Community Foundation, Nebraska City Alumni Association, and the UNO Robert Swanson Veteran’s Scholarship.

What are your goals after graduating? How has the BMS program prepared you for those goals?
My goal post-graduation is to continue my learning experience here at UNO in the Graduate Program. I will be working towards a MA in Critical and Creative Thinking with a concentration in Organizational Science and Leadership. My career goals involve transitioning into Organizational Diversity and Inclusion Management and hopefully with an employer within Nebraska if possible.

What would you tell someone who is considering finishing their degree but hasn’t taken the next step?
Do it! I know for me it, was scary returning to school. It had been almost 20 years since I had been in a school setting. Everyone at UNO has helped make returning to school a positive and rewarding experience! You won’t regret it!
"Everyone at UNO has helped make returning to school a positive and rewarding experience! You won’t regret it!"

View all posts

Speak Your Mind

Subscribe and stay up to date