CENTERED ON WELLNESS

Maria Mickles

Headshot photo of Maria Mickles.

MARIA MICKLES

COLLEGE OF COMMUNICATION, FINE ARTS AND MEDIA

Communication and Media Studies Major

For Maria Mickles, a first generation student earning her degree in communication and media studies, the average college experience wasn’t challenging enough.

She also wanted to push herself outside of the classroom and took advantage of campus recreation.

Quote by Maria Mickles: "I started with a Boot Camp, after that I kept going to other classes and meeting amazing people."

“I started with a Boot Camp class,” she said, “after that I kept going to other classes and meeting amazing people.”

The classes not only improved her personal wellness, but helped her gain confidence and make friendships.

Photo of Maria Mickels at the UNO Wellness Center.

“What helped me come back day after day was the people and the environment. It was friendly, inviting, and supportive of everyone from every fitness level,” she says, “I was able to make many more friends who were also students.”

Mickles really enjoyed the motivational aspect of campus recreation at UNO.

Quote by Maria Mickles: "You are working out with people who have the same goal as you — to finish the class stong."

“You are working out with people who have the same goal as you—to finish the class strong,” Mickles said.

View all posts

Speak Your Mind

Subscribe and stay up to date