PAYING IT FORWARD

Gustavo Angel Servin Maciel

Headshot photo of Gustavo Angel Servin Maciel.

GUSTAVO ANGEL SERVIN MACIEL

COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES

Geography Major

While at UNO, Gustavo Angel Servin Maciel has come to appreciate the welcoming environment that the Office of Multicultural Affairs provides for students. "One support service/office that I used while at UNO was the Office of Multicultural Affairs. They were the first UNO office I was introduced to and have been extremely beneficial to my success at the institution. Their awesome staff and student associations helped make my experience much more enjoyable and helped me feel more connected to the UNO community," Gustavo stated.

Quote by Gustavo Angel Servin Maciel: "One support service/office that I used while at UNO was the Office of Multicultural Affairs. They were the first UNO office I was introduced to and have been extremely beneficial to my success at the institution."

"An event that sticks out to me from my time at UNO was a series of events known as Fiesta on the Plaza. They were annual events held during Hispanic Heritage Month where they had free food and played awesome music in the Milo Bail Plaza in celebration of the Hispanic Heritage. During my freshman year, the Fiesta on the Plaza was the first time I truly felt like I belonged in college. Feeling the energy and seeing the appreciation of my culture made me believe that UNO was the right institution for me."

"One thing that I love about UNO is the number of diverse communities and opportunities to meet people from various backgrounds and identities. UNO has a large and unique student body and hearing people’s stories throughout my time here has helped motivate me to learn more about our world and the people that inhabit it," said Gustavo.

Quote by Gustavo Angel Servin Maciel: "One thing that I love about UNO is the number of diverse communities and opportunities to meet people from various backgrounds and identities."Now that he is graduating, it is time for Gustavo to set his sights on the future and his aspirations. "It’s hard for me to say what’s next because never did I imagine to be in the position I am today in the past, so I cannot predict what comes next in my life. I am a person who enjoys the current moment and takes any positive risk that presents itself. What I can say is that I plan on interning for an environmental position, looking for opportunities in sustainability and/or environmental law. My dream job would be to work for the National Park Service as an environmental protection specialist."

View all posts

Speak Your Mind

Subscribe and stay up to date